Chef Jasmin Smith
Desert Summer Fruit Medley
- Dice or slice fruit into desired size, the important thing is to make sure they are consistent to help with equally cooking time.
- In a medium pot or saucepan, over medium heat, add your butter. Let this brown, should only take a minute or 2 because it's such a small amount, you are looking for a golden to amber color. Once desired color has been reached add your honey. This will begin to foam a little, be sure to stir to emulsify the fat with the honey.
- Now we can add our fruit, sugar, and spices. Stir to coat everything evenly and let simmer on low to medium heat for about 7 minutes. You want your fruit to soften, but to still have a bite, since you'll be baking this in the oven some more.
- Once cooked, place into a baking pan. Any type of cake pan, tart pan, or even a casserole dish will work. Spray the bottom, portion your fruit into pans and then begin to place an even ;layer of streusel on top. You'll want this to completely cover the fruit, it's okay to go a bit heavier, the streusel will shrink in size throughout the baking process.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes. Streusel should be browned and toasted.
- Dust with powdered sugar, serve with ice cream, whip cream, or even yogurt! Enjoy!
- Combine all dry ingredients and vanilla into a mixing bowl.
- Dice up cold butter.
- Add into dry and mix, until butter is evenly distributed throughout.
- Don't over mix, butter will begin to soften, you don't want this to become a full formed dough.