About the parenting company, Agave Environmental Contracting, Inc.
Agave is a family of landscape-related companies with its origins dating back over 30 years in Arizona and later in California. Agave is a leader and innovator in the landscape industry that excels at all facets of landscaping.
Why intern for us?
Internships can help provide valuable work experience by allowing you to learn the ropes from more experienced professionals. At the end of your internship, you will have relevant experience to help you decide if starting your career in the field of your internship is the right choice for you. It also helps that 7 out of 10 internships result in a full-time job offer, which means interning in Arizona can also serve as the foundation to landing a full-time job in Phoenix after graduation.
Summer internships in Arizona are pretty common, but do not expect to be in charge at the end of your internship! Usually, you will have to work from the bottom up, but interns are much more likely to get a job offer from the employer they are interning with. Simply gaining construction experience is essential in order to provide value and creativity to the team.
Here at Agave Environmental Contracting, Inc., the 10-week internship program will provide experience in many different fields, depending on your course of study. You might intern with any of the following organizations:
• Agave Environmental Contracting, Inc., which primarily focuses on native plant salvage, commercial landscape construction and landscape management.
• Agave Farms LLC, a community urban garden we developed to be a hub for formal and informal meetings regarding landscape and irrigation. We also planted demonstration gardens and grow a variety of crops such as vegetables, shrubs, and trees to be either sold or utilized in our projects.
• Our latest venture is Urban Farming Education LLC (weareufe.org). This is a nonprofit that builds and maintains gardens for other nonprofits in Arizona (schools, centers for the elderly and people with disabilities, and homeless and domestic violence shelters).
• We do this to support: ecotherapy, sustenance, education, social impacts, and farming business model development.
We are not your typical landscape company, farm or nonprofit. We remain committed to fostering a unique company culture which emphasizes safety, efficiency, and quality. We value the commitment of each of our employees and every person at Agave contributes directly to the success of the projects we serve, the community and the company. We are always looking for the best people to add to our team. Because of the diverse work at Agave there is always a need for new motivated individuals, and we are looking for the following intern positions and careers:
• Equipment Operators
• Nursery Management
•Agriculture & Urban Farming
• Psychiatric Professionals
• Project Retail Sales
• Social Workers
• Social Media Marketing
• Web Development
• Business Development/Marketing
Don't see your job listed? Send us your resume and cover letter anyways! firstname.lastname@example.org